Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Rounded Corners for IE using .htc files



                I’ve tried two methods which I found on the internet. They can be found in following URLs. These URLs point to the sites which I found them.
border-radius.htc
Unfortunately these have some issues. But the PIE solution is more advance and complete in my opinion. This is said by experience not by knowing inside workings of these.  I have mentioned the issues that I had to face using these solutions, there can be more but these are what I got into. I recommend PIE as the better solution. These are not just for the border radius; they also provide solutions to box shadow and some other stuff.

Issues Using border-radius.htc

Generate border lines for elements which were not present in the initial design.
Breakup jQuery code.  (This broke the spot light effect which I used)
Background images get repeated even if I use no-repeat

Issues Using PIE

I could not get the opacity controlling of elements which had background images. They work fine when background images are not present.

In case you are looking for equivalent properties for border-radius in CSS, -webkit and –moz look at the following url.